Saturday, December 3, 2011

Peppermint Brownies


Most of the baking I do is from scratch.  However, there is one item that I make from a box (I know, shudders from you bakers out there).  It's a very specific box.  And I'm talking about brownies.


I've tried many brownie recipes but none of them are as yummy as these Ghirardelli brownies.  They are moist and chewy with a crusty layer on the outside.  I buy the big box from Costco.  I prettied them up with some peppermint flavored frosting and crushed candy canes. They turned out very festive!

See what I mean?  Crusty outside, moist and chewy inside.  And, can you say triple chocolate?  You chocolate lovers out there know what I'm talking about.

Cool brownies completely before adding this:


PEPPERMINT FROSTING
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 Tbps milk
3/4 tsp peppermint extract
green food coloring
Crushed peppermint candy canes 

Note:  I doubled the frosting recipe for a 9x13 pan of brownies.


 
I used 4 candy canes.  Place in a baggie and using a rolling pin, gently crush into small chunks.

When you put it all together you get a very festive, rich and sweet treat for those holiday parties or to enjoy just because.

Hubby gave them a double thumbs up!  Works for me!



I cut them into 1 inch squares and placed in cupcake liners to serve on my red tile tray.  I only had white ones on hand, but I think they look good.  Colored or holiday themed ones would work too.

Enjoy!

Til next time ~ find your joy!
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment