Monday, December 5, 2011

Away In a Manger

A few weeks ago, before the snow and cold Jim did this:


Since the trimmed twigs were red in color, I decided to keep them.  I thought I could use them somehow in my Christmas decorating.

Then I got this bright idea (picture light bulb here)...I could build a building/barn for our nativity set!  We have the "jewels" nativity set from Lenox.  It's a beautiful set, done all in white with colored jewels adorning each piece.  We've collected pieces for this set over several years, growing it to many pieces but never bought the barn piece. Truth be told, I never liked the one made for it.

We started with this:


Jim put on his general contractor hat and began picking my brain about how I wanted it to look.  A snip here, a snip there, some hot glue and it began taking shape.

The roof

Hubby hard at work.

The back 'fence'.

A couple of twigs for bracing and viola a background for our nativity is complete.


It turned out even better than I imagined.  Definitely gives a background to the manger scene.  I know it's rustic for a porcelain nativity set, but I think it gives it depth.


At night.


We also finished our interior decorating.

My Santa collection.


I'm still playing/learning about lighting and my camera, so bear with me.

Til next time ~ find your joy!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment