Monday, August 20, 2012

Haley Goes Back To School | Empty Nesters Once Again

Last week we moved Haley into her new, on campus apartment and got her settled for her sophomore year at the University of Colorado - Boulder.

Free Bear Creek Apartments mug to add to her collection!

Katie and Haley.  Katie helped us move Haley into her apartment.  Haley will reciprocate next week when Katie moves into Darley South as a freshman at CU!



The Living Room.

Taking a break.

Dad in the kitchen.

The hallway.  The doorway on the right is the bathroom.  Door B is her roommate, Chris', room.  Haley's door is on the left.

 The bathroom.

Haley's bedroom.

She is so excited to be in an apartment.  I fear this may be the last time we move Haley from home back to school.  We'll see what next summer brings, but there's a good chance she'll stay in Boulder in an apartment.

Hubby and I may just be true empty nesters.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  You'd think since it's year two of college and that she's only 35 minutes away it would be easier.  I'm here to tell you it's not.

Don't get me wrong, Jim and I are excited for this next phase of our lives.  The little bit of melancholy will pass just as it did last year and we'll settle into a new routine.  It's all good.   :)

Til next time ~ find your joy!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment