Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Word of the Year

Since January is almost over, I thought it was time to get this post written.  I've been thinking about it for a couple of weeks now.

It seems that many in the blogosphere are choosing a word of the year instead of listing out their new year resolutions.  As I thought through all the events that affected my life last year, all the changes we went through, and what I wanted to accomplish in 2012, I thought choosing a word was the way to go.  I still have specific goals I plan to accomplish this year, but this one word is at the core of all of them.

My 2012 word is  BELIEVE

I think this word was subliminally planted inside me from my Weight Watcher meetings, but whatever works, right?

It's such a fitting word for me.  I know in my very soul that if I just believe in myself, I can accomplish great things.

In 2012 I will...
~ believe that I can accomplish my health goals
~ believe that I can accomplish my weight loss goals (while this is tied to my health goals, it is definitely a different goal)
~ believe that I can be a happier, deeper, more inspired version of me
~ believe that I can learn to use my camera in manual mode and be a more confident and competent photographer

I will touch more on each item periodically throughout the year, definitely sharing more details - my S.M.A.R.T (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, timely) goals for you business peeps out there - and how things are progressing.  Accountability is my friend.  Right?

I think I actually put off writing this post for that very reason.  If it wasn't in print, if I didn't put it out there, there was no accountability, no pressure, I could fudge or modify what I wanted to do.  I can still do that, but now I have to do it knowingly and on purpose.  It's not just my little secret anymore.

I hope you made goals for 2012.  Whether they are public or private, they are yours and yours alone to do with what you will.  But let's be honest, success rocks!  And a little accountability never hurt anyone. There will be bumps in the road, in my road for sure, but we'll get over them and keep on truckin'.

                                                                                           Source: Uploaded by user via Beverly on Pinterest


BELIEVE.

Til next time ~ find your joy!
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment