Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Trails

Today we finally made it up to Estes Park to go horseback riding (Thank You Groupon!)  We were originally scheduled to go last Thursday, but due to gale winds in the mountains (80-100+ mph) it was rescheduled for today.

The day started great, but took a slight down turn when I realized that I neglected to put the battery back in my camera that I'd taken out to charge.  Crap crap crap.

Luckily, I gave my Nikon D40x to Eden and she had it with so we did get pictures.  Yah!

 Driving up to Estes Park.

 Lunch on the River before our 2 pm ride.  I had a Reuben.  It was scrumptious.

 Hubby checking out the Elkhorn Ranch.  We've ridden horses in Estes Park before, but this was the first time at this ranch.



 Luke and Eden

 Haley and future brother-in-law.

 Bringing out the mounts.

 Jim befriending one of the horses.

 Eden and her horse, CJ.

 On the trail.


 Eden on CJ, Jim on his horse, Sadie, and Luke on his horse, Cain.

 And here I am.  Look at this beautiful animal.  Her name is Cowgirl.  She was a great horse.  I did give her a hug.  She was very patient with her rider.  And we tipped our guide.  Yeah, have no idea why I'm not smiling. 

 Haley on her mount, Daisy.

Picture break. Waving at our cowboy guide, Matthew, who was taking pics with our cameras.

 Back at the Elkhorn Ranch.

 Waiting to dismount.

 Haley saying goodbye.

Eden posing one last time.

It was a beautiful day, upper 30s, no wind.  Our ride was about an hour long which was perfect.  What a great way to start the new year.

Happy New Year!

Til next time ~ find your joy!

Love,
Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment