Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snow! Hair! Food!

Our snow storm has come and gone, leaving us with about 10 inches of the fluffy white stuff.  We were in need of some moisture. Areas south of us received a lot more snow, but 10 inches was plenty to shovel (thanks, honey!).

Luna, Thursday afternoon before the snow started.  The temp had dropped and it was quite breezy.

Thursday 10:15pm about 2-3 inches

Friday, 6:30am - about 6 inches

It lightly snowed most of the day Friday leaving us with about 10 inches.  It's already quite condensed as the ground never froze.


* * * * * * * * * *


On a totally different note, here's my new hair cut and no makeup.  I really need to plan better. 


* * * * * * * * * *


Tomorrow we will enjoy the Super Bowl and the commercials at my brother's house.  I'm in charge of dessert so today I made cookies and a cheese spread that we make during the holidays.  My brother specifically requested the cheese spread and I don't think he realizes how much that meant to me.  My dad loved the spread and always looked forward to enjoying it during the holiday season.  He and daughter #2 would sit and pile it on top of crackers. It was their thing.  A wonderful memory of my dad.

I don't have that recipe on my blog yet, but I'll post it soon.

These are the cookies I made. Click on the picture or link below to get the recipe.


I'm also bringing Rice Krispie bars, hummus, jalapeno dip and artichoke dip.  Alas, I bought the hummus and dips.  Costco is my friend.

We always have more food than we need.  Can you say, "food coma?" But it's always yummy!

What are your plans for tomorrow?  If you're watching the Super Bowl, I hope you have a wonderful time hanging with your friends and family, and that your team wins, and that the food is fabulous!  I'm not sure who I'm cheering for yet.  Blasphemous, I know.

Til next time ~ find your joy!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment