Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sugar Cookies

I am constantly on the lookout for new sugar cookies recipes--it's my quest to find the perfect roll out dough.  This is the recipe I used this week to make our Halloween Cookies, and it's one of my favorites!  These were a winner with my family...great taste!

Sugar Cookies

Preheat oven 350 degrees.

3 c. all-purpose flour (unbleached)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 c. sugar
1 c. butter (2 sticks)
2 large or extra large egg
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pure almond extract





In a bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add the egg and extracts and mix. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat just until completely combined.

Chill 1 hour.

Roll onto a floured surface and cut into shapes. Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let sit a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.

I used a basic buttercream frosting and food coloring to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment