Friday, January 30, 2009

Hello World! I'm Blogging!

What would ever possess me, one very average woman, to start a Blog?

As I organize my thoughts, I’m still not sure what has driven me to put pen to paper, or in this case, fingers to keyboard. Does anyone put pen to paper anymore? I hope to get closer to answering that question with each blog I compose. I have a hunch that at age 44–almost 45, I’ve decided I just might have something to say.

Sitting here, composing my first ever blog, I’m watching Def Leppard perform on Dancing With the Stars. Good grief, will these groups from the 80s never die? I jest! The rock of the 80’s is the music of our lives–of my life at least. While I’ve always loved music–dating back to my 8-track tape of the Bay City Rollers, which, by the way, is still in a drawer in a large bookshelf at my dad’s house–working for an Entertainment Retailer for 17+ years exposed me to music I otherwise may never have experienced. If anything, it’s taught me an appreciation for a wide variety of music genres and cultures. I think it’s opened me to understanding my daughters’ music, or at least, respecting their choices. Note: Parental discretion was used during their younger years!

At this very moment I have Meatloaf’s Bat Out of Hell I & II in my multi-disc CD player in my car, along with a CD by Celtic Woman, REO Speedwagon and Gary Allen. The radio station most played in my Fusion, is 92.5 The Wolf, a Denver country station, with Jesse and Shotgun in the morning, two DJs from Wisconsin. Born and raised in Minnesota and having lived there for all but 3 years of my life, I can soooo relate to their morning show! I’ve been in Colorado for a little over a year and I love it! But, I will never forget my roots. Also programmed on my dial is a pop station, an oldies station–which plays non-stop Christmas music from Thanksgiving to Christmas– a local station and a christian station. Of course, for my husband’s listening pleasure, there’s sports talk radio.

Wow, without knowing where I was going, I’ve managed to write a complete first blog!

Woohoo!

My parting thoughts…As Marvin O’Day would say, oops, I should say “sing” –Objects in the rearview mirror, they appear closer than they are… Don’t forget your roots, where you came from, your relationships, or your experiences. You can never leave them behind…all these things shape us into who we are.

Maybe, if I can make you smile by sharing a little bit of myself, it will all be worth dabbling in the technology of today, the World Wide Web.

Oh, and don’t worry, I’m not always so philosophical.

Til next time…Life is one exhilarating ride, get on as often as you can!

originally posted April 30, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment