Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles

This is one of my favorite recipes (as my family can attest to--I make it quite often!  I tend to eat the leftovers for breakfast...and lunch...and my afternoon snack!)  It's easy and full of flavor.  I adapted this recipe from Two's Company, a Weight Watcher magazine cookbook.  It was originally a beef stir-fry with portions for 2 people.  I adjusted the amount and morphed it to chicken!

Ingredients:
3 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
3 tbls sesame/olive or canola oil
1 cup green onions, sliced
2– 1 lb packages cole slaw (regular or broccoli slaw) I usually use one of each
4 pkgs chicken ramen noodles
2 cups water
Soy sauce

Directions:

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and green onions; stir-fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken mixture from skillet; keep warm.


Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add slaw; stir-fry 1 minute (cabbage slaw) or 4-5 minutes (broccoli slaw). Remove slaw from skillet; add to chicken, keep warm.



Remove noodles from packages. Add water and seasoning packages to skillet; bring to a boil. Break noodles in half; add noodles to water mixture. Cook noodles 4-5 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.



Stir in chicken/cole slaw mixture. Optional: Add almonds for extra crunch.  Serve warm with soy sauce.  Also very good served cold.

Makes 10 servings
 
Enjoy!

Kelly~

No comments:

Post a Comment