Monday, January 17, 2011

A Little of This, A Little of That

It's been a long time since I've written a post, other than posting a picture for my 365 Project.  There's a very good reason for that.  Well, not that good a reason, but a reason none-the-less.

My computer died.  About two weeks ago.  I'd just spent another $165 to have the hard drive wiped and reloaded.  It worked great for 5 days.  Then, after I downloaded the most recent HP/Windows update and had to restart the computer, it went into a 45 minute perpetual logging off, then the screen went white and it shut off.  After that it wouldn't turn on again.

It's back at the computer doctor, so he can extract my files. Maybe he can perform a miracle.  I'm not holding my breath.

So, I have to abscond with Jim or Haley's computer to get anything posted.

Liar

What?  Did you say something?  Yeah, I know.  As much as I'd like to use that as an excuse, I can't.  Life is just busy right now.

Without further ado, I'll share a few tidbits...

1.  We have a new TV station...Antenna TV.  They show classics like The Three Stooges, The Monkees, The Flying Nun, Gidget, Hazel, Maude, Good Times and Here Come the Brides among many others.  I've caught bits and pieces of a few of the shows.  While many are even before my time (at least I was too young when they were originally on to watch them) it offers a nice alternative.  We gave up Dish a few years ago and have regular antenna TV.  Surprisingly, we have survived. I do miss Food Network, but I just check it out online.

2.  I'm heading to Vegas on Wednesday for work for a client's annual convention.  I haven't been to Vegas in 20+ years.  It should be interesting.  Hopefully, I'll get some good pictures.

3.  I'm heading to Vegas again in February for work for the IFA Convention.  Joy.  I love traveling with my family, but for work? Not so much.  I was born under the sign of the crab.  Cancer's love food and are homebodies.  What can I say?

4.  Luna will be 9 months old on Thursday.  We're guessing she's pushing 95 pounds.  None of the pictures I take seem to capture how big and long she is.  I'll keep trying.

5.  I just started the last book (at least the last one that's written) in the 14 book J.P. Beaumont series by J.A. Jance.  It's a great series...I'm very sad.  What will I read next? Hmmm...

That's my update for now.  Gotta go, Harry's Law is premiering!  I just love Kathy Bates!  But, I'll be back again soon.

'Til next time...

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment