Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hiking Flatirons

Earlier today Jim and I hiked the Flatirons in Boulder.  The last time I attempted to hike these trails was last May, before I lost the nearly 30 lbs (the 12 I lost last summer and the 17 I've lost on WW) that my body no longer has to carry (thankfully).  Talk about night and day!  My knees no longer ache, and I made it much farther this time.  As a matter of fact, the only reason we turned around when we did was because up toward the switchbacks the trail was steeper and covered with icy, slushy snow.  No need for either of us to injure ourselves.

It was in the mid 40s when we headed up the trail...it was a perfect day for hiking!

Flatiron Trailhead

Too hot. Have to ditch the fleece.

Flatiron

We headed toward the 1st Flatiron

Boulder field

Snow-packed trail

My Sweetie!

Flatiron

It was a very good day!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment